Net Profit Advisor
To provide my expertise of 30+ years in business, Direct Response Marketing and Advertising, Information Technology/Telecommunications/Integrated Online and Offline Marketing and Online Virtual Banking, to companies in need of increased sales/earnings, valuation, capital raise, and strategic planning as a team member or consultant.
Results oriented "serial" entrepreneurial leader with extensive skills in management, marketing/sales, negotiation with a creative visionary approach, and complex transactional deal structuring. Track record of winning and creating new business in competitive environments. Excellent communication skills, with the ability to motivate, lead, and interact with individuals from diverse backgrounds.
2003 - Present
Clients: Media 1 Direct, LLC; Mandrien Corporation; SAS Global Direct, Inc; Integrated Media Solutions, Inc.; Mobile Information Network, LLC; OxiClean/Orange Glo International; The Living Will Card, LLC
B.I. FINANCIAL, LLC, Miami, Fl.
PHASE I. Created one of the first interactive financial community websites in the U.S., operative in three languages, (bankinternet.com/bancointernet.com) targeted to the Global Hispanic and Portuguese speaking communities. The initial purpose of the website was to build registered users and consumer loyalty using a DRTV integrated marketing approach. PHASE II. The primary goal and business model, was to take advantage of a niche marketing opportunity, and become the first Virtual Bank aimed primarily at the burgeoning U.S. Hispanic market.
- Identified business opportunity in niche market, creating and marketing this concept to high net worth private investors, and investment banking firms.
- Negotiated the raise of $30M in private seed capital, as well as a commitment from a bulge bracket firm to provide $25M for the acquisition of a Federally chartered bank.
- Recruited the CFO of American Express who assisted in assembling a powerful management team.
- Established an iconic Board of Directors including Jack Kemp-former HUD Secretary, Danny Wall-former Chairman of FSLIC, Carlos Loumiet-former head of banking for the law firm Greenberg, Traurig, and John Lakian-founder of investment banking firm Fort Hill Group.
INTEGRATED COMMUNICATION NETWORK, INC. "ICNI" Miami, Fl.
"ICNI", which became the surviving entity, after a merger with Imaginetics, Inc., was created for the purpose of developing a specialized Telecommunications/Direct Response Television ("DRTV") business, utilizing Infomercials and Commercials, providing the public with a vehicle to order products and services through "800" and "900" telephone numbers Domestically and Internationally in the General (Anglo) and Hispanic markets.
- Developed creative, marketing, and telemarketing strategies. Directed the scaleability efforts, from startup to rapid growth ($45M in 1 ½ years).
- Identified products suitable for marketing, secured worldwide rights, and produced high quality television Infomercials and Commercials using well known celebrities for instant brand recognition.
- Negotiated with investment banking firms, which led ICNI to a successful IPO (NASDAQ listed nationally) in June of 95’- This was the first "IPO" in the Audiotext/Infomercial industry, which was a precursor to the Internet.
IMAGINETICS, INC. Miami, Fl.
Identified an opportunity in what then was a newly emerging industry dubbed Audiotext (pay-per-call). This was a unique way to disseminate information telephonically and utilize various forms of direct response marketing including television commercials, radio, and print in order to drive traffic to respective phone numbers and services. This company, and several subsidiaries, became one of the primary founders and dominant players of the industry...sales reached a peak of $300M in revenues. Ultimately, these entities merged into Integrated Communication Network, Inc. ("ICNI").
- Lead investor in the start up phase, with several high profile entertainment professionals including Dick Clark and Billy Davis, Jr.
- Created the first Interactive "Reality Based" Television Show in the U.S., entitled "Love At First Sight", in 1986. In addition, created the first "Chat" services where several callers were able to speak together on a so called "Party Line"...the company owned the phone numbers 976-Party & 1-900-Party.
- Created numerous winning concepts and brands, including the leading Lottery information service in conjunction with the beginning of the Florida lottery. The company owned the phone number “976-Lotto” throughout the State.
TEXAC, INC., / APPAREL UNLIMITED, INC. Miami, Fl.
Co-Founded this textile manufacturing and print converting company, (Texac, Inc.) with sales to the numerous apparel manufacturers locally, and Nationwide. Increased revenues to $10 million and merged Texac into a newly created entity -Apparel Unlimited, Inc. to manufacture private label women's apparel nationwide, utilizing the purchasing power and textile expertise of Texac, with a flexible domestic manufacturing facility which we built in Miami Lakes. Apparel Unlimited, eventually became the largest private label manufacturer of women's apparel in the Southeast.
- Grew sales to $35 million in Apparel Unlimited, at which point I sold my equity in the company.
- Recruited and trained 20-person sales force. Sales efforts were directed to department stores, mass-market retailers, and specialty chains.
City College of New York (CCNY), New York City, NY, 1970
Bachelors in Business Administration
References Provided Upon Request
Print This Page